Monday, November 7, 2011

I Made A Bag!

A little while ago, I was lamenting the fact that I had no handbag and no money whatsoever to buy one... So I decided I would make one! An impoverished lady's gotta do what an impoverished lady's gotta do.


Here's how I did it: I didn't use a pattern, it was free-styled knitting. I essentially just knitted a large rectangle. I made some little hearts out of wool scraps I had lying around and sewed them on with a little bit of stuffing in each one and glued on some whacky googley eyes. I needed something to line it with so I just cut up an old top of mine that had fallen victim to the damages a dryer can do. I sewed in the lining, sewed in a zip, stitched the whole thing up and sewed on a handle I had knitted!


It cost me about $6 to make, $5 for the wool and $1 for the zip! A pretty good bargain if you ask me. I can't complain. Plus, I have lots of wool leftover and am currently working on another project with it... Watch this space!


I'm pretty pleased with it all in all. It tends to made people laugh a little when they see it. I suppose it is a little odd and creepy but that's part of the charm. It certainly is an individual design and I doubt there's anything like out there in retail-land. A proper Bríd Doherty original!


Photos are once again taken by my friend Gary Sundt whose awesome blogs you must check out here and here.

Have a wonderful week!

Bríd x

No comments:

Post a Comment