Friday, April 9, 2010

Another Sunny Day. Another Scarf!

I knitted this piece of neck-snuggling loveliness up recently. I bought the wool in a little shop in Bruges in Belgium. It's a deliciously light cotton and proved to be the perfect component for a spring-time scarf! It must be said that there is something oh-so-wonderful about going on a little wool spree in anywhere but Ireland. I could honestly rant for days about the extortionate price of wool in the Emerald Isle. Don't worry, I'll spare you all an ear-full!

Once again, I must thank my sister Clare for being such a wonderful model. Anyone who offers to roll around in semi-damp grass for the sake of a photo deserves some sincere gratitude! However, as Dublin decided once again not to be rain-soaked, I felt it necessary to take some more outdoor shots!
This scarf represents my first proper experiment with the domain of crochet. I used an old book of my Mum's to help me tackle some shell edging and the flower below! I must admit that I found it rather difficult at first but as soon as I got the hang of it, I was in AWE! I cannot quite believe how quickly crocheting transforms a ball of wool into a little flower... It's like knitting coupled with caffeine pills! Hahaha!


I think I need to give the scarf knitting a rest for a while! As I said in the last post, the monotony drives me somewhat insane. However, while in the throes of study for summer exams where the brain is working overtime, it is quite lovely to switch off and do relaxing and mindless knitting!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
BrĂ­d x

No comments:

Post a Comment