Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dessert Delight!

Spring has rolled into summer causing college exams to fade away and law books to be placed at the back of a dusty cupboard not to be opened until September arrives bringing with it the challenge of finals. Oh joy! Most people choose to enjoy the summer, relax, recuperate and maybe do a little bit of work. Unfortunately I happen to be a lady with her mind on the money. Delightfully capitalistic I am! To feed my desire for cash, I'm currently working three jobs. By day I'm working in a solicitor's office, by night I'm a waitress and by weekend I'm working in Past Times. It's a hectic lifestyle for someone as small as I!


Naturally I have absolutely no free time so when I have to bake I need something quick that will also offer a high level of nom nom. In my world, the quality of a baked good is based on the scale of nom nom. The more times you nom when eating it, the better it is :) Mars Bar squares have proved themselves worthy of my love, admiration and nomming. Fabulously delicious and fat-filled. They are rocking my world at the moment. I baked them twice in one week for Sarah's present and to bring to our friend Rachel's bbq. They're quick, easy and delectable. They have the Bríd seal of approval and are befitting of a baker with no time on her little hands.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

6 x 65g Mars Bars
200g Butter
200g Rice Crispies
250g Milk Chocolate

Method
  • Cut the butter and Mars Bars into small chunks and place in a saucepan. Put over a low heat and stir with a balloon whisk until melted.
  • Add the Mars Bars/butter mixture to the Rice Crispies in a large bowl. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
  • Put into a lined tin 30cmx20cmx5cm and press down with the palm of your hand until firm.
  • Melt the chocolate either in a microwave on low for one to two minutes, or over a saucepan of simmering water.
  • Pour over the biscuits, spread evenly with a palate knife and leave to set.
  • When set turn out on a board and cut into squares.
  • Et c'est fini!

Most importantly, the answer to the question is ALWAYS to nom!

Enjoy!

Love Bríd x x

No comments:

Post a Comment